|
|
Monday, January 25, 2010 @ 12:23 AM
Life... purpose?
Life never fails to amaze me. I mean, the thought of us just... existing... with no actual purpose... just creeps me out but always leaves me wondering... Is there or more accurately, was there someone out there that thought "Hey.. it might be fun to put a bunch of idiots on some dirt and water and see how they react!"
I mean, seriously... what is the 'meaning of life'? Why are we alive? Are we supposed to serve some "great purpose" in the end? Don't take me wrong, I'm definitely not ungrateful for my life... I mean I have what many don't... a home, a loving family, an even more loving boyfriend, some income (my mere 11.84 an hour BEFORE tax! ) and the best friends anyone could ask for... but somehow, I have to wonder, why me? Am I supposed to be greater? Do greater things? Eat greater food? Read greater books? With my privileged life (compared to many), do I serve a greater purpose in "Life" ? Or just in the lives of those around me?
Somehow, I desperately want to leave my mark on this world... something that just YELLS OUT "THIS IS KASS LEE'S WORK. SHE EXISTED." And I don't mean a tombstone or children. People die and tombstones can be removed.. memories eventually fade away... and soon, my existence will cease to matter in this world. I don't want that! I refuse to lead a mediocre life... I don't want a 9-5 office job, working for some asshole who will never give me a payrise... but neither do I want a job in retail nor opening some restaurant (although i do love my job now, it's just not a career in my eyes). I don't want to be floating through my life... too lost in the busyness of MY life to even realise that there is just so much more. I don't want my existence to become meaningless. It's such a scary thought... that I'm just a pinprick in the fabric of life.... and along with countless of others, we form what I guess, is the "bigger picture".
In all this wondering and trains of thought... my HSC and uni offer comes to play. The HSC is definitely not the be all, end all of this world. I know this, and the thought of just more out there waiting for me, is like warm milk before bed... comforting but temporary stress relief. Don't worry, dear reader (if any!), I'll make it someday... I'll leave my handprint on this world and it will scream, loud enough for everyone to hear... "Kass Lee did not exist... she lived."
x
Labels: life
|
Monday, January 25, 2010 @ 12:23 AM
Life... purpose?
Life never fails to amaze me. I mean, the thought of us just... existing... with no actual purpose... just creeps me out but always leaves me wondering... Is there or more accurately, was there someone out there that thought "Hey.. it might be fun to put a bunch of idiots on some dirt and water and see how they react!"
I mean, seriously... what is the 'meaning of life'? Why are we alive? Are we supposed to serve some "great purpose" in the end? Don't take me wrong, I'm definitely not ungrateful for my life... I mean I have what many don't... a home, a loving family, an even more loving boyfriend, some income (my mere 11.84 an hour BEFORE tax! ) and the best friends anyone could ask for... but somehow, I have to wonder, why me? Am I supposed to be greater? Do greater things? Eat greater food? Read greater books? With my privileged life (compared to many), do I serve a greater purpose in "Life" ? Or just in the lives of those around me?
Somehow, I desperately want to leave my mark on this world... something that just YELLS OUT "THIS IS KASS LEE'S WORK. SHE EXISTED." And I don't mean a tombstone or children. People die and tombstones can be removed.. memories eventually fade away... and soon, my existence will cease to matter in this world. I don't want that! I refuse to lead a mediocre life... I don't want a 9-5 office job, working for some asshole who will never give me a payrise... but neither do I want a job in retail nor opening some restaurant (although i do love my job now, it's just not a career in my eyes). I don't want to be floating through my life... too lost in the busyness of MY life to even realise that there is just so much more. I don't want my existence to become meaningless. It's such a scary thought... that I'm just a pinprick in the fabric of life.... and along with countless of others, we form what I guess, is the "bigger picture".
In all this wondering and trains of thought... my HSC and uni offer comes to play. The HSC is definitely not the be all, end all of this world. I know this, and the thought of just more out there waiting for me, is like warm milk before bed... comforting but temporary stress relief. Don't worry, dear reader (if any!), I'll make it someday... I'll leave my handprint on this world and it will scream, loud enough for everyone to hear... "Kass Lee did not exist... she lived."
x
Labels: life
|
profile
KASSLEE.♥

♥ the fam
♥ Carly
♥ my girlies
♥ food
bolditalicunderlinestrikeout
|
|
|