Tuesday, October 18, 2011 @ 11:54 PM
no more promises.
During my HSC, I vaguely remember studying Gwen Harwood and her depressing poetry about the 'transience of time' and the haziness of memories. (ha.)
One of her epic(ly long) poems featured existentialist theorists and thoughts.. one of which, I remember being Sartre.
Sartre's quote in the post below this, quite accurately sums up this entry.
It's a little sad but I've lost faith in promises..
From promises of my own (i.e. quitting the drink) to promises of being on time or even promises of friendship forever.
I guess, I'm not making promises any more.. after all, it does seem meaningless if words themselves hold no reality (or truth for that fact.)
I read somewhere that we die three times..
The first is when our body loses function..
The second, when our body touches the grave (or fire)
and the third, when our name is spoken for the last time.
I beg to differ, I think there is a fourth..
Our soul dies the moment we stop believing in words, and more importantly, promises.
x

